This is an Enhanced edition â€“ featuring the same, complete and unabridged content as the print edition in a handy, space-saving portable format, it also contains the following extra features:
- Zoomable, pin-sharp photography, allowing you to appreciate the fine details of Citadel miniatures in a new light;
- a Glossary â€“ tap terms and rules to see their details in an instant;
- 360-degree miniature photography, rotatable with a swipe of a finger;
- Scrolling text, designed to optimise the reading experience for your phone or tablet;
- Pop-up content â€“ bring up extra information at a touch;
- Panoramic art and photography â€“ designed to bring out detail in a way that makes the most of your display;
- Direct links to the Games Workshop web store â€“ see a miniature you like? You can order it straight away.
- Bookmarks â€“ got a reference you need to use often? Add a bookmark and jump between your pages with a tap.
The Tâ€™au Empire is spreading, its boundless ambitions yet to be checked. Although world after world has been subsumed under their control, the Tâ€™au believe it is only the start of their new unified order, the first steps of a long journey that will end in a better existence for all. In their hearts they know it is their destiny to bring the light of truth to a galaxy drowning in darkness, and none have the right to deny their progress across the stars. If resistance is encountered, negotiations are swiftly and aggressively replaced with a purely military solution.
Codex: Tâ€™au Empire contains a wealth of background and rules â€“ the definitive book for Tâ€™au Empire collectors. Within, youâ€™ll find:
- A New Empire Dawns: an introduction to the Tâ€™au Empire, their attitude toward rapid expansion and the caste system of their society;
- The Rise of the Tâ€™au: an overview of the incredibly quick evolution of the Tâ€™au, and the sudden arrival of the Ethereals;
- Art of War: the ancient tactical philosophies and customs still in use by Tâ€™au warriors, and their applications to interplanetary warfare, including the arts of Kauyon and Montâ€™ka:
- A Destiny to Rule the Stars: the story of the Tâ€™au Empireâ€™s expansion into the wider galaxy, including descriptions of their first contact with the Imperium, and details of the Septs of the First, Second and Thirds spheres of expansion;
- A map of the Tâ€™au Empireâ€™s territories at the time of the Fifth sphere of expansion;
- The language and culture of the Tâ€™au, with a guide to names and their alphabet;
- Descriptions of the Tâ€™au Empireâ€™s military organisation, including an example expeditionary force, markings for 21 Septs and examples of team, helmet and battlesuit markings;
- Example colour schemes for 12 Septs;
- A timeline of major events and battles in the Tâ€™au Empireâ€™s history;
- Background on each unit available to a Tâ€™au Empire army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Tâ€™au Empire army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 38 datasheets providing rules for every T'au Empire unit and miniature;
- Army abilities reflecting the T'au Empireâ€™s methods of war on the tabletop;
- Arsenal of the Empire: wargear both ranged and close-combat for use by the T'au Empire;
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- Supremacy Through Unity: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
- 25 unique Stratagems, including 6 specific to the following Septs: Tâ€™au, Saâ€™Cea, Viorâ€™la, Borkâ€™an, Dalâ€™yth, and Farsight Enclaves
- 6 Sept Tenets: special rules for each of the following Septs: Tâ€™au, Saâ€™Cea, Viorâ€™la, Borkâ€™an, Dalâ€™yth, and Farsight Enclaves;
- 6 unique Tâ€™au Empire Warlord Traits, along with 6 additional Sept-specific traits â€“ 1 each for Tâ€™au, Saâ€™Cea, Viorâ€™la, Borkâ€™an, Dalâ€™yth, and Farsight Enclaves Spets;
- Signature Systems: 12 pieces of bleeding-edge weapon and artefact, technology available exclusively to the Tâ€™au;
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.